dimanche 30 août 2009

Ten years from now, I'd like to be Kate's sister.


« She still takes me by surprise. like nearly a year after her death, when my mother came home with a roll of film she'd developed of my high school graduation. We sat down at the kitchen table together, shoulder to shoulder, trying not to mention as we looked at all our double-wide grins that there was someone missing from the photo. And then, as if we'd conjured her, the last picture was from her. it had been that long since we'd used the camera, plain and simple. She was on a beach towel, holding out one hand toward the photographer, trying to get whoever it was to stop taking her picture. My mother and I sat at the kitchen table staring at her until the sun set, until we had memorized everything from the color of her ponytail holder to the pattern of fringe on her bikini. Until we couldn't be sure we were seeing her clearly anymore. » ----My sister's keeper, Jodi Picoult, 2004.

3 commentaires:

Pink-p0o a dit…

oui ! je viens de publié le premier article. le début de mes photos ! =)

Anonyme a dit…

yuezfh.

Anonyme a dit…

Je t'ai répondu bébé!